Subject: Improvements to our editorial workflow

Retitling...

I've already filed an issue to fix these and the other editorial issues
that came up in the CD.

I'm raising this to point out that we need to adopt some of the
proposals that have been made to improve the checks we need to give each
other before important drafts like a CD are published to the TC.

The number one improvement I would suggest is that we not publish a CD
before someone, not the last one to work on the doc, takes a pass over
it.
It's better to wait another week to get the CD to the TC so that we can
make sure it is of high quality than let these types of errors through.

You took on the work to prepare the CDs and asked all of us to provide
you feedback on them (which is a lot less work than what you took on).
To the best of my knowledge none of us was conscientious enough to get
back to you before the docs were posted. While I appreciate wanting to
get the CDs out before the following call I think their accuracy should
take precedence.

We can see this as a test run since there wasn't a call for public
review. If I'm not mistaken there will be for the next one. We need to
make sure we improve our process to catch issues like this before that
CD gets released.