Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors] FW: [ws-rx] Re: restructured RM document

Regardless of what the Editors decide to do can you please let the TC know what your plans are for submission of new drafts to the TC between now and the F2F in Dec.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com

From: Marc Goodner
Sent: November 11, 2005 12:46 PM
To: Doug Davis
Cc: Gilbert Pilz; Paul Cotton; ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org

I’m arguing for only one WD. Do an ED with the nits applied then reorder and give the TC the WD. These are editorial issues that shouldn’t have slipped into the CD anyway.

You can tell me it isn’t hard to find the line numbers after they change but I have very recent experience that suggests otherwise. When I started my careful read of the CD I started with the nits I reported against wd-05 with line numbers and had trouble finding them. After just starting again by reading the doc through I started to find them, however the line numbers were not helpful. As to me not having to worry about it, perhaps if I didn’t care but I do. I regret not taking the time to check the CD that Gil gave us for review before publishing it and have every intention of carefully reviewing drafts before they advance to the next stage from now on.

I agree it delays things a bit. My argument is it is worth it. It will take longer to apply and review that these edits have been applied after a reorder. Take a smaller hit upfront than a longer one on the back.

Ultimately you guys are doing the work on this. I’ve made my point; you guys make the call on what you’re going to do.