Subject: Re: [ws-rx-editors] Groups - wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-08.odt (wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-08.odt)uploaded

Gilbert Pilz wrote:
> The versions of the documents that get published to the main TC will
> have the schema and WSDL files included exactly where they are now; we
> are simply choosing to maintain them as separate files so we don't have
> to worry about merging between the in-line versions in the specs and the
> individual artifacts.

+ this allows us to validate the schema/wsdl.

> Ideally we'd like to use some sort of inclusion mechanism to
> automatically pull the correct schema or WSDL file, but for right now
> we're just going to have to do it manually.

I have added such a inclusion mechanism and will upload the docs as soon
as I'm done with this email.

Basically, now there is a link to the xsd and wsdl docs in wsrm/wsrmp
ODT files. Since I'm limited to using file:/// URL, I have created a
static link to the xsd/wsdl docs in the c:\Temp directory. Before
generating the PDF please ensure that the latest xsd/wsdl docs are in
c:\Temp directory and do a 'Tools->Update->Update All' (these
instructions are included in the ODT file). I'm assuming that everyone
is using Windows (I use both Windows and Linux), if not please create
the appropriate 'ln -s' magic (haven't tried this). The link is set up
so that you cannot edit the xsd/wsdl text in the ODT file (to prevent
accidental change).

The reason I think such a link is necessary is to ensure that the format
is always the same no matter which one of the editors generates the PDF.

Please let me know if you have problems with the link.

Thx.

-Anish