Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors] next CD? (or how to translate a member-only doc URL to a public doc URL)

Ah, now I understand. I still think it would be good if we could use
public links to the drafts going forward so I stick by my comment that
we should point this out to the full TC and ask that they use the proper
link format.

On the CD2 point specifically, I think that the current CD2 link is
tagged as "candidate" so I didn't want to use that one. I though our TC
administrator was going to put the CD at the proper location which was
why there isn't a just CD02 link in Kavi other than the candidate link.
So that was the link I was waiting for. I guess I know what it's going
to be so I could do an optimistic update.

Marc Goodner
Technical Diplomat
Microsoft Corporation
Tel: (425) 703-1903
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/mrgoodner/

-----Original Message-----
From: Anish Karmarkar [mailto:Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com]
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 4:50 PM
To: Marc Goodner
Cc: Doug Davis; ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org; Patil, Sanjay; Paul
Fremantle
Subject: Re: [ws-rx-editors] next CD? (or how to translate a member-only
doc URL to a public doc URL)

Marc,

I did not mean to imply that you (or anyone) should scrub the current
issues list of member-only links. I thought you were waiting for the CD
2 draft to be public and I was merely point out (and sharing my
experience with KAVI public/member-only URL behavior) that it already
was public, given the weirdness of KAVI.

-Anish
--

Marc Goodner wrote:
> Anish,
>
> I have been using the public urls for the mail links for a long time.
It
> is rare I mess that up anymore. The doc ones, honestly I use whatever
> I'm given.
>
> Can the chair this week please ask the TC to use the public links when
> referring to TC docs from now on to help in this? It would be good to
> capture Anish's notes below on this in the minutes to aid the members
in
> following through with this.
>
> I'm not going to go through the issue list and scrub out member only
> links, there just isn't any return on the investment of that time. If
> someone else wants to, have at it. Just let me know when you are going
> to do it so we don't step on each other's edits.
>
> I'm editing the issue list right now. I expect it will get updated
> today.
>
> It would be much better if the staff would fix Kavi. I can't even
begin
> to comment on how stupid it is to have a protected link that is also
> public that just introduces problems rather than solving any. See the
> above and the TC Process document for more details on how asinine
Kavi's
> behavior in this regard is.
>
> Marc Goodner
> Technical Diplomat