Subject: Re: [ws-rx-editors] next CD? (or how to translate a member-only docURL to a public doc URL)

Marc Goodner wrote:
> Ah, now I understand. I still think it would be good if we could use
> public links to the drafts going forward so I stick by my comment that
> we should point this out to the full TC and ask that they use the proper
> link format.

+1
I sure am guilty of including member-only links in emails/issues/etc.
It is just so easy to do that, since you have to go to the member page
to do other things (such as upload docs, see the docs other than
CDs/issue-list, look at minutes, etc) and everything referenced from the
member-page is member-only.

> On the CD2 point specifically, I think that the current CD2 link is
> tagged as "candidate" so I didn't want to use that one.
> I though our TC
> administrator was going to put the CD at the proper location which was
> why there isn't a just CD02 link in Kavi other than the candidate link.
> So that was the link I was waiting for. I guess I know what it's going
> to be so I could do an optimistic update.

You are right about that.
BTW the 'location' value in CD 2 points to
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200510/wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-02.pdf. If
you are going to do an optimistic update, that is the URL that should be
used (rather than the one in my previous email -- which pointed to
www.oasis-open.org). In addition to the PDFs the CD 2 package had other
docs (such as schema/wsdl/RDDL) which MUST be hosted at
docs.oasis-open.org (our spec requires it).