Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors] RE: Public Comments Form

Typically, it takes some manual steps to create the proper
links when we install the spec components (prose documents,
schemas, WSDLs, RDDLs, etc). I'll be glad to help with this;
having the "clear map of URLs and the artifacts" as Sanjay
advises will help ensure a good result.

None of the (currently) manual steps is so complicated
as to defy automation, and indeed, full automation
(with TC member upload) is the goal.

As to the manner of implementing server redirects: in
an OASIS Staff meeting tomorrow (2006-08-16) I plan to
renew a request for support by OASIS IT programming staff
to set up better web server behaviors using Apache
directives -- e.g., for delivering a RDDL when a
namespace URI is dereferenced.  The current implementation
nominally "works" but is clunky, and does not support the
kind of behavior (I think) we want to see in web browsers.
Hopefully I'll have good news on this topic soon.

Robin Cover