Subject: Re: [ws-rx-editors] RE: [ws-rx] Groups - ws-rx_cd05.zip uploaded

FWIW, you guys know how I feel about OO so I have no problem switching over to Word. I do understand Gil's concern about switching this late in the game, and I think we'd need to take it to the full TC to get their approval, but if as editors we're confident that the new stuff didn't loose anything in the conversion, I doubt the TC would push back on the monkey's recommendations.

thanks
-Doug
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Marc Goodner <mgoodner@microsoft.com>

02/09/2007 01:15 PM

Gilbert Pilz <Gilbert.Pilz@bea.com>, Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Paul Fremantle <paul@wso2.com>, "ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
[ws-rx-editors] RE: [ws-rx] Groups - ws-rx_cd05.zip uploaded

I don't see that much risk. The main thing is to a careful check of the converted format before making a switch. I'm certainly willing to help with that since I need to give the PR another careful review anyway. I'm willing to lay a copy of the converted one next to the current PR and check it at the same time.

I think the most important thing is to find a way that we can get high quality CS, including HTML, without undue burden on the editors.