Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors] [Fwd: Re: Help please [about date-less/version-less spec URIs]]

Hi Doug,

  Looks good. Yes, it's okay to include namespace and conformance in section 1; note that with the upcoming changes to the TC Process there will be a new section created for conformance requirements but these docs will be through the cycle before those changes go into effect. Multiple columns for acknowledgements is fine.

A couple of things:

Latest Approved Version URI: This is intended to act in the same manner as "Latest Version URI" except that it would skip over any working drafts or revisions that had not yet been approved by the TC (i.e. CD 01 R 02 is unofficial until approved as CD 02)

lines 56 and 62:  add a trailing slash to URI

All URIs should be created as Hyperlinks so that a reader can actually navigate to the location directly from the document. If you highlight the link itself, then go to "insert" -> Hyperlink it will bring up a dialog box. By default it should create a link to the same text that you highlighted. Just save and you now have a navigable link.

Trademarks - according to the policy, all terms related to the specification and the TC are to be listed - this would include "WS-ReliableMessaging", wsrm, WS-RX, etc.

That's everything that's jumping out at me.

Regards,

Mary

From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:44 PM
To: Paul Fremantle
Cc: ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org; robin@oasis-open.org; mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org

All,
  I've gone thru the RM spec and reformatted things per the latest template.  In terms of edits to the doc, I tried to not do any textual changes with the exception of the following:
- renamed it CD06 - should probably have been optimistic and called it CS  :-)
- latest URI is now: http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/wsrm.pdf         Robin - is this an ok URI?
- moved the normative and non-normative sections to the top of the doc - per the template
- Robin/Mary - is it ok that we have other sections (like 'conformance' and 'namespace' in section 1 ?)
- reformatting the contributors section - each person got their own line now - Robin/Mary - can we do multiple-columns or does it have to be this way? Its a lot of space.

The doc is here:  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx-editors/download.php/22537/wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-06.doc

Mary/Robin - could I ask you guys to look over this doc to see if it conforms to the new template?  I tried to match all of the sections and formatting styles as best I could.

Editors - please give this doc a scan.  Things to look for:
- At times I had to manually re-add some text/URLs (like in the references sections) to get things to format correctly.
- And watch for variables in the examplars (e.g. xs:string) not being in italics
- paragraph numbering and bullets - tried to make sure we were consistent across the entire doc w.r.t. indenting etc...
- missing hyper-links - examples and code snippets were removed on purpose, but others should probably be there.
- check bookmarks - I had to redo them all by hand - for some reason they were all messed up after I moved the (non) normative sections

Once people look this over and are ok with it, then I'll move on to RMP and MC.

thanks
-Doug
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Paul Fremantle <paul@wso2.com>

02/19/2007 10:51 AM

"ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[ws-rx-editors] [Fwd: Re: Help please [about date-less/version-less spec URIs]]

FYI here is Robin's advice for our URIs.

Paul