Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors] grrrr

In this particular case I doubt I ever touched this link at all - except to fix oddities like this.  This URL isn't one that needed to be changed.  If I had to guess I think word is messing up when it comes across a case where an http://.....   string has multiple hrefs in it.  For example, if  http://aaaa.com   is actually stored as  <a href=""...">http://aa</a><a" href=""...">a.com</a>"  instead of just one href.  The reason I'm thinking this is because I noticed that HTML we generated from the OO version of the docs (even after running thru word) had a lot of hrefs one after the other in the html it produces instead of one single href for the entire string. So, perhaps word is doing something funky in those situations.  But i'm just guessing.

All I know is that vi never does this to me  ;-)    next time I say we use vi and xhtml !!

thanks
-Doug
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Marc Goodner <mgoodner@microsoft.com>

03/06/2007 01:50 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
"ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [ws-rx-editors] grrrr

Have you been editing the links or the link formatting? This wasn’t present in the conversion.