Subject: Fw: [ws-rx-editors] Anomalies in PDF spec formats

All,
  I've created a CD7 folder with the following changes:

- removed the "/wsdl" from the WSDL URLs in WSRM and WSMC
- renamed the specs to be CD07 (RM, RMP) and CD03 (MC) - updated the "previous links" (note, previous editable source is now .doc not .odt)
- updated the references sections to point to the CD07/03 versions of our specs
- Fixed the repeating URL at the bottom of the "status" section of the MC spec
- Fixed the bad URLs in the MC examples (200/07/2 -> 200702)
- Searched through all .doc files for any hypertext and removed several that were bad.  We had quite a few that were pointing to "/".  While they might not have been visible, if you looked at the html (or I guess if you hovered over just the right character) then you'd see it
- Paul noticed a typo in MC example ( s/exaaple.com/example.com ).

Now, the question on the table is what to do with these. I believe the options are:
1 - ignore them and let the vote continue.  If they vote passes then ship these specs in their current shape
2 - stop the current vote and start a new one tomorrow based on these spec

What are people's current thoughts/preferences?

In the meantime, please look over the pdf files in the CD7 directory.  From my scanning of them things looked ok, but we've been there before  :-)

One lingering question I have for Mary/Robin: I believe the rules state that once a CD is approved nothing but stuff in the title page and footer may be updated when converting it over to a CS.  We, however, have references across the specs in our "references" section.  Can we assume that its ok to modify those links to change the CDx to CSx  ?

thanks
-Doug
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM on 03/06/2007 04:54 PM -----
Robin Cover <robin@oasis-open.org>

03/06/2007 10:35 AM

WS-RX Editors <ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Robin Cover <robin@oasis-open.org>, Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
Subject
[ws-rx-editors] Anomalies in PDF spec formats

Last last night, while writing some documentation for Staff
(action URIs) I encountered a couple anomalies in the PDF versions for
WS-RX TC specs being balloted.  I didn't check the corresponding
.doc or .html formats.

I. Location of normative WSDL for WSMC/WS-MC and WSRM

A. In the PDF for WSMC being balloted:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/22738/wsmc-1.0-spec-cd-02.pdf:

Appendix B. WSDL
The normative WSDL 1.1 definition for WS-MakeConnection is located
at:http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsmc/200702/wsdl/wsmc-1.0-wsdl-200702.wsdl

B. In In the PDF for WSRM being balloted:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/22736/wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-06.pdf

Appendix B. WSDL
The normative WSDL 1.1 definition for WS-ReliableMessaging is located
at:http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702/wsdl/wsrm-1.1-wsdl-200702.wsdl

* I think these two '/200702/wsdl/' URIs were overlooked when the (current)
 CD-level versions of the specs were installed; no idea why

* The file "WS-RX_CS-01_DirStructured.zip" referenced here
 http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx-editors/200703/msg00049.html

 indicates that the two WSDLs should be stored directly in a directory
 /200702/, not in /200702/wsdl/

   1584 02-22-07 13:39  6228161f  ws-rx/wsmc/200702/wsmc-1.0-wsdl-200702.wsdl
   2654 02-11-07 18:09  19456660  ws-rx/wsrm/200702/wsrm-1.1-wsdl-200702.wsdl

* If the TC's intent it to make the official/canonical locations to be
 /200702/ (according to the "WS-RX_CS-01_DirStructured.zip" file), then
 I think we can create a server level URI mapping to ensure that
 the resources are available at the URIs given in Appendix B, yet
 without creating a visible URI in the server index listing at locations
 /200702/wsdl/ (i.e., we can avoid creating the /wsdl/ directories and
 still honor the assertions about the location of the normative WSDL 1.1
 definitions being at the locations declared in Appendix B.

* If the TC intends to make the WSDL URIs nominated in Appendix B
 "normative" for the "normative definition", then we can use some
 other kind of URI aliasing (e.g.,) symlink to normalize the
 data and make the content appear at both locations, visible
 for both occurrences in the server's file index

* In connection with the above, it's not clear to me whether you
 intended to say "The normative WSDL 1.1 definition for WS-MakeConnection..."
 when, as I understand the situation, the WSMC WSDL is actually "1.0"
 Or.... ??

II. Possible errors in action URIs, anonymous URI

**I'm not sure if what I see in my (older) version of Adobe Acrobat
is a software display artifact or a real mistake -- visible in all
later versions of Acrobart reader...

In the PDF for WSMC being balloted
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/22738/wsmc-1.0-spec-cd-02.pdf:

I see "200702" munged to read as "20070/2" and "200/70/2" in several
locations.

731-732
<wsa:Action>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsmc/200/70/2/MakeConnection</wsa:Action>

750-752