Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors] Typos and others in RM and MC specs

as soon as I hit 'enter' on the note below I noticed that the dates on the footers were wrong.
Everything checked-in - yet again.
Forgot to mention.... html/diff's are in the zip file too.

thanks
-Doug
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

03/27/2007 11:37 AM

"Patil, Sanjay" <sanjay.patil@sap.com>
cc
ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
RE: [ws-rx-editors] Typos and others in RM and MC specs

ok - I fixed the 'S' thingy.  For others - Sanjay and I talked and we'll leave the other things 'as is'.  Gil looked over the security fixes and was 'ok' with them.

I've uploaded everything to the editor's CD9 folder, the TC's "Lastest..." files as well as created a new CD9 folder in the TC's doc area.

All - Please give them a quick scan to make sure everything looks ok.

thanks
-Doug
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

"Patil, Sanjay" <sanjay.patil@sap.com>

03/27/2007 09:06 AM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
<ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [ws-rx-editors] Typos and others in RM and MC specs

At this point of time, I am inclined to leave out anything that is not a showstopper but has potential semantic impact. Please see my answers inline ...

Can we send out an updated version (that also addresses the idea of references to both 1.2 and 1.5 wsp versions) today? If we want to make progress on this front on this week's call, it will be good to provide couple of days to the TC for review.

-- Sanjay

Re: [ws-rx-editors] Typos and others in RM and MC specs

Sanjay,

thanks for the very thorough review.  Some comments in-line.  Some questions for the editors (and Gil specifically) too.

thanks
-Doug
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

"Patil, Sanjay" <sanjay.patil@sap.com>

03/27/2007 01:08 AM

<ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[ws-rx-editors] Typos and others in RM and MC specs

I happened to read the RM and MC specifications a bit more carefully today (was stuck on a long flight) and here are a list of items that I think need to be addressed. These are based on the recently approved CD versions.

-- Sanjay

WS-ReliableMessaging
----------------------------------

437, 438 reads - The RM Destination then reclaims any resources associated with the Sequence.
I think this should be- The RM Source then reclaims any resources associated with the Sequence.

<dug> I'm actually wondering if we should remove that sentence since the RMS shouldn't really reclaim ALL of its resources until it gets the TerminateSequenceResponse.  What if we removed that sentence (since step 11 talks about the RMD reclaiming) and then adding to the end of step 11:  Upon receipt of the TerminateSequenceResponse the RM Source can then reclaim any resources associated with the Sequence.     Thoughts?  </dug>

<Sanjay> Let us leave as-is </Sanjay>

739: Typo
Replace - /wsrm:CloseSequence@{any}

With - /wsrm:CloseSequence/@{any}

<dug> Fixed </dug>

763: Typo
Replace - /wsrm:CloseSequenceResponse@{any}

With - /wsrm:CloseSequenceResponse/@{any}

<dug> fixed </dug>

811: Typo
Replace - for the closing Sequence

With - for the terminating Sequence

<dug> fixed </dug>

884: For the sake of consistency with rest of the spec
Replace - allow different types
With - allow (extensible) different types

<dug> fixed </dug>

936: Typo
Change "As" to "as"
  <dug> fixed </dug>

1044: Typo
Change - fault generated an RM Destination

With - fault generated by an RM Destination
<dug> fixed </dug>

1124: Typo
Change - wsrm:FaultCodes

With - wsrm:FaultCode
 <dug> fixed </dug>

1130:Typo
Change - Sequence information

With - Sequence fault information
<dug> fixed </dug>

1133:Typo
Change - set of fault

With - set of faults
<dug> fixed </dug>

1138 & 1140: This text is not what is typically used for describing extensibility elements and attributes in the rest of the spec. Is this a cut-paste error?

<dug> what do others think about this one? I think its just trying to say that "implemenation specific" info will go there. </dug>

<Sanjay> Since there seems to be at least some way to justify this variation,  I suggest we leave this as-is </Sajay>

1241, 1242: Can't parse this sentence  <dug> Gil - what words are missing? Is there just an "at" missing before the "some"? Will hold off fixing this until I hear from you.</dug>

1259: Typo
Replace - ability identify
With - ability to identify
<dug> fixed </dug>

1410: Can't parse. I think replacing "and with" by "with" might do the trick. <dug> Fixed - Gil, you ok with this? </dug>

1515: Can't parse. I think replacing "use inclusion" by "inclusion" might do the trick <dug> Fixed. Gil? </dug>

1632: The fault wsrm:UnsupportedSelection is not described in the main spec. It should be moved to MC spec!  <dug> Fixed </dug>

WS-MakeConnection
-------------------------------

279: Typo

Replace - "of a two"

With - "of two"
 <dug> Fixed </dug>

454:Typo
Replace - /wsmc:MessagePending@pending

With - /wsmc:MessagePending/@pending
<dug> Fixed </dug>

633: Typo
Replace - UnsupportedElement

With - UnspportedSelection
<dug> Fixed </dug>

<Also MissingSelection fault is currently not defined in the schema> <dug> do we need to?  I don't think there are any new elements defined for this fault </dug>

<Sanjay> I am not sure I understand. The text describes this fault type. So I was assuming that the schema needs to capture that. Am I missing something? </Sanjay>

851: Fix the font towards the end of this sentence   <dug> Do you mean the 'S' ?  if so, we were trying to make the CS plural</dug>

<Sanjay> That's right. The "s)" part seems to be in a different font. That's all.