Subject: RE: Request to open electronic ballot for approval of the WS-RX Committee Specification set

Title: Request to open electronic ballot for approval of the WS-RX Committee Specification set
Hi Sanjay,

  I understand your frustration, and wish that my inbox had been empty when your request arrived. I wish that I had a department so that I could distribute the workload. I wish OASIS had a publications department that handled all these details for the TCs. It's good that my mailbox isn't empty - it means that we have 65+ technical committees that are actively producing work, posting messages, and asking questions. It means that new TCs are forming because they want the work be to done under the OASIS TC Process. It means that there is only one set of rules and each TC is subjected to that same set, without prejudice or favoritism.  I told both you and Paul that I would do my best to get the ballots running by Tuesday; I worked until 11:45pm last night to try to make that happen. I was stunned to see that the documents were all dated 5 April 2007.

No, the TC Process cannot be short-circuited; it is the cornerstone of our organization and governs all of our work. While at times that may seem frustrating, it's really a very, very good thing. And while it's already an excellent process, we're constantly striving to improve it, which really means improving the quality of not just our process, but of our specifications themselves.

  I will get the ballot started as soon as I am provided with links or a zip of the corrected documents and verify that the date is now correct.

Regards,

Mary

From: Patil, Sanjay [mailto:sanjay.patil@sap.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:23 AM
To: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org; Paul Fremantle
Cc: jamie.clark@oasis-open.org; ws-rx-editors@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Mary,

This is really frustrating. The drafts have been seating in your inbox since the night of last Thursday, and you are telling us just one hour before the planned starting of the ballot about a very simple issue that can now potentially upset the entire planning of this TC.

We were really hoping that the electronic ballots get started today. As I mentioned in my many emails to you that starting the ballots today was critical from the pov of having at least a day between closing of the ballot and the TC conf-call. It was also important to start the ballot today in order to allow for submitting the specification set for OASIS standard by mid-month. I am hoping that it is still possible to go ahead with the plans for OASIS standardization.

Is the correction of date only thing stopping you from opening the electronic ballots? Assuming you get a copy of the corrected specifications tomorrow, can we still open the ballots tomorrow that will close on 4/10. Technically, the ballot would still be open for 7 days.

-- Sanjay