Subject: RE: [ws-rx-editors] rddl files review

Hi Paul!

 Hopefully because you're asking you don't need to worry about it, but then
again, knowing your specs, you probably do and it's a good thing you asked. ;-)

  The rules say that after a vote, the *only* things that can be changed are the
metadata on the cover and running footers. If you have cross-references to, say,
one or two other specifications that will be up for approval at the same time
(or in close proximity) you will want to actually update the reference to those
specifications once the ballots have passed. This rule allows you to do that.

  So, in WS-RM there is a normative reference:
[WS-RM Policy]      OASIS WS-RX Technical Committee Draft, "Web Services
Reliable Messaging Policy Assertion( WS-RM Policy)," February 2008
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrmp/v1.2/wsrmp.pdf

  Similarly, in WS-RMP there is a normative reference:
[WS-RM]                 OASIS WS-RX Technical Committee Draft, "Web Services
Reliable Messaging (WS-ReliableMessaging)," February 2008.
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/v1.2/wsrm.pdf

  And WS-MC cites both WS-RM and WS-RMP.

Note that all three specs will likely progress simultaneously (this is a guess
on my part ;-) and you will, once they have been approved, want to update the
references to each say "Committee Specification" and "July 2008" (or whatever),
but you will be unable to do that unless you invoke this rule. In other words,
you can't call them CS until the vote has actually happened and passed, and you
don't want the new specs to show the old status.

So basically when we run the CS ballots you'll want to include in the motion
reference of the dependencies. I do have some exact language which I will dig up
and forward.

Mary