ws-rx-implement message

Subject: WS-RM/RX question...

Hi Doug,
I have another question concerning WS-RM/RX.
Scenario: The provider decides to terminate a sequence because of
timeout (or other error situations).

Is my understanding correct that the RMS in this case does not know
which already sent messages were received successfully by RMD, because
maybe some acks were lost and the RMS cannot request acks after RMD has
terminated the sequence?

If this is true, WS-RM only could be used for real applications if we
have in addition a higher level protocol (e.g. a kind of transaction
protocol or a mechanism on application level) which can handle this
situation, i.e can proceed after this error situation in an appropriate
way.

I only want to know if my understanding fits to WS-RM intention ;-)

One note to WS-RM 2005/02: In the AckRequest element the spec tells to
use MessageNumber element but the schema tells to use
MaxMessageNumberUsed Element...
(I looked at the documents at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/webservices/understanding/specs/de
fault.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnglobspec/html/wsrmspecindex.asp )

With kind regards,
Stefan

PS: unfortunately I cannot participate tomorrow and next week at WS-RX
SC/TC, because of other dates.