ws-rx-implement message

Subject: RE: [ws-rx-implement] soap 1.1 vs soap 1.2

> By using the XML [XML], SOAP [SOAP 1.1], [SOAP 1.2] and WSDL [WSDL 1.1] extensibility model,

I think the above text in CD3 [1] implies that either SOAP 1.1 or SOAP 1.2 can be used.  In addition Section 4 Faults also mentions how to use both SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2.

While I completely agree that the interop event might be simpler and more successful if we constrain ourselves to one version of SOAP, I think the specification itself needs to normatively say what is required and/or permitted.

/paulc

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17184/wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-03.pdf

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada