ws-rx-implement message

Subject: Re: [ws-rx-implement] soap 1.1 vs soap 1.2

Hi Doug,

The Addressing version of the sample messages given in the scenario doc is 2004/08 (submission). Is this what will be used for the interop ?

Chamikara

Doug Davis wrote:

Paul - you are correct in that the spec should remain as is - people can use either.
For our testing though since there aren't any soap version specific tests (like testing to make sure faults look right) the version of soap we use will not impact our testing of the RM protocol itself.
-Doug

"Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>

03/20/2006 06:02 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
<ws-rx-implement@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [ws-rx-implement] soap 1.1 vs soap 1.2

> By using the XML [XML], SOAP [SOAP 1.1], [SOAP 1.2] and WSDL [WSDL 1.1] extensibility model,

I think the above text in CD3 [1] implies that either SOAP 1.1 or SOAP 1.2 can be used.  In addition Section 4 Faults also mentions how to use both SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2.

While I completely agree that the interop event might be simpler and more successful if we constrain ourselves to one version of SOAP, I think the specification itself needs to normatively say what is required and/or permitted.

/paulc

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17184/wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-03.pdf

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329