Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Use Case for having Reliability assurances at finergranularity than Port Type

comments inline:

Christopher B Ferris wrote (Chronologically re-ordered):

>If we have 4 nodes: A, B, C and D with D serving as the Destination
>and A, B and C serving as the Source of messages to the service
>offered at D, why would A choose a quality of service different than
>B and/or C?

DN - Can't think of a single reason.  This has always been a gripe even
in HTTP, TCP/IP etc.  Why would anyone opt for the slacker mode of
operation?  Even if they did, the resource requirements to detect, then
enforce it would likely add an element of unpredictability that makes it
all moot.  If A,B, C send a request that all arrive at once (highly
unlikely), D would have to look up QoS for each then calculate  forward
chaining.  Bah!!

> Wouldn't it be FAR more likely that D would effect a
>consistent QoS (again, as a contract between its RM Destination and
>its Application Destination roles) that A, B and C would avail themselves
>of when using the RM protocol? Keep in mind that the protocol is the same
>as perceived on the wire regardless of QoS effected at the destination
>endpoint.

DN - having skimmed over the submitted materials, I find your logic ...
well logical.

>Can someone come up with a valid use case that would require the ability
>of the Source endpoint to assert the QoS on the part of the Destination
>where the QoS itself would likely vary from one Source endpoint to
>another?

DN - not me.

"Frankly, I don't get this requirement at all. Maybe it's my nature to
rebel when someone tells me what to do <SNIP>"

Yeah - I noticed that but we're still buds, right? <duck>

;-)

Duane