Subject: NEW ISSUE: Is an implementation supporting a smaller max messagenumber valid? [Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Max message number in policy]

*Title*: Is an implementation supporting a smaller max message number valid?

*Description*: The existing specification includes the clause "If the
message number exceeds the internal limitations of an RM Source or RM
Destination ...".  This allows a source or destination to handle
unexpected failures gracefully.  It does not clearly allow, require, or
prevent the implementation to be designed or deployed with a message
number limit.  Should we support such a limitation?

*Justification*: Issue below presupposes a "yes" answer to this
question.  Should decide this larger question before deciding how to
fill gap left if the answer is "yes".

*Target*: core (RM spec)

*Type*: design

*Proposal*: I lean toward "no" but could be convinced otherwise.  If
"no" is the answer, the specification could change to make it clear a
WS-RM compliant implementation _must_ support the full unsigned long
range for the message number.  That likely requires conformance
terminology not presently in the specification; this issue is not
intended to broach the even-more-general subject of conformance clauses.
  My proposal therefore comes down to "close, no action".

*Related issues*: Max message number in policy [no number yet]

thanx,
	doug