Subject: [no subject]

The purpose and intent of this parameter is possibly underspecified, The
intent that the authors (well, certainly
my understanding) had is that a Sequence could be unilaterally terminated
by either the RMS or RMD should there be no
activity against the Sequence for a period of the specified duration.
Thus, should no messages be received by
the RMD for the specified wsrm:InactivityTimeout duration, it **could**
terminate the Sequence at its discretion.
(It does not need to do so). Likewise, should an RMS not receive any
SequenceAcknowledgements for the
specified  wsrm:InactivityTimeout duration, despite having attempted to
transmit messages during that
period (hence it was likely expecting them) then it could unilaterally
terminate the Sequence.

Of course, discretion should be used in selecting a suitable value for
this parameter, probably based on the
expected frequency of activity (and adding a suitably generous margin of
error). However, it is not the intent
that this parameter specify the frequency with which messages are to be
retransmitted by the RMS.

The intent was to provide a means by which an RMD could reclaim resources
for which it appears that
the corresponding RMS has "left the building", "bit the dust", "rode off
into the sunset" (e.g. possibly come
to a horribly nasty and greusome end).

Mr. Praline: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.
(The owner does not respond.)

Mr. Praline: 'Ello, Miss?

Owner: What do you mean "miss"?

Mr. Praline: I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!

Owner: We're closin' for lunch.

Mr. Praline: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this parrot
what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.

Owner: Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with
it?

Mr. Praline: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's
what's wrong with it!

Owner: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Mr. Praline: Look, matey, I know a dead parrot when I see one, and I'm
looking at one right now.

[...]

Owner: No no! 'E's pining!

Mr. Praline: 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He
has ceased to be! 'E's expired and
gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace!
If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd
be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's
off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket,
'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the
bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN
EX-PARROT!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

blog: http://webpages.charter.net/chrisfer/blog.html