Subject: RE: [ws-rx] [WS-RX] Issue i014

The industry must hope that the trichotomous effort of WS-CAF ends up in
a similar place to the singular effort of WS-Reliability: infusing a
common effort, alongside OASIS BTP and the dichotomous effort of WS-C+T
aka WS-Tx, in a single open standards committee or working group aimed
at creating one way of doing loosely-coupled two-phase outcomes, aka
business transactions.

WS-RX provides a good precedent.

Alastair
Choreology Ltd

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Pavlik [mailto:greg.pavlik@oracle.com]
Sent: 29 July 2005 00:04
To: Green, Alastair J.
Cc: Jorgen Thelin; ashok.malhotra@oracle.com; ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

There is no specification named WS-CAF. That is the umbrella TLA for the

TC's trichotomous effort.

The point of comparison is interesting: CAF was developed in a
recognized standards body and had no preceding life in alternative
public forums. The specs are very, very different from the original
submissions.

Greg