Subject: RE: [ws-rx] proposed resolution to i017

I agree we are actually fairly close in our proposals. If each published
version of the spec is backward compatible with the last I am much more
sympathetic to keeping the namespace the same. However each publication
should be reviewed to determine if that is true.

In order to be more consistent with the AIR guidelines I will move to
modify my proposal to have the form of the namespace have a trailing
date rather than leading as follows:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/[productname]/yyyy/mm/

I do note that both this proposal and my original are consistent with
the AIR guidelines. There is no provision for the form of a namespace
url there, only that it resolves to a RDDL document on an OASIS server.
Your original proposal and my revised proposal above are both more
consistent with the persistent url guidelines in section 7, however
those guidelines are for specific artifacts and are not referred to by
the namespace requirements in section 6.2. Similarly there is nothing in
the AIR guidelines that support adding trailing indicators to the
persistent url for a namespace url, an artifact, or any other purpose.

Now all of that said I think this should be used as input to the TAB
regarding the requirements for namespaces and the use of persistent
urls. It would be nice if the answer simply came from the AIR guidelines
so we could refer to it in this and future work.

Regards,
Marc g