Subject: RE: [ws-rx] New Issue: remove dependency on WS-Security

Duane,

The question is "optional for whom"? As I read the current draft it
seems like it is optional for the RMS. This means that, as a compliant
RMD, I have to be prepared to accept it. For what its worth, the current
interop scenarios seem to treat this "option" as mandatory . . .

Additionally, even if the STR *were* completely optional and
auto-negotiable by both the RMS and RMD, its still unnecessary. In
general I am against unnecessary features, regardless of how optional
they may be.

- g