Subject: Re: [ws-rx] New Issue: Harmonization of Line Numbers accross PDF,DOC versions of working draft

Chris,

On 18/08/05 05:00, Christopher B Ferris wrote:

>The PDF was created from the OO .sxw, at least for the editor's draft. I
>would suggest that we
>get a read from someone at Sun on whether the line numbers are consistent
>between the .sxw
>and .pdf that OO generates. However, since the PDF was generated from the

I believe so. However, various OASIS TCs have in the past had problems
with consistency between layout and line numbering between OpenOffice
and Word -- even when using the same Word source document.

Put another way, I believe the true inconsistency is between Word, OO,
StarOffice, and their various versions. Unless all three word processors
lay documents out identically in all of the versions TC members have, we
are going to see inconsistencies. (Note: I have not checked with any of
the Sun OO / SO folks about bugs resulting in particular
inconsistencies.) PDF seems like the best way to generate line numbers
"all at once and once for all".

>.sxw, it seems to me
>that it would be inappropriate to expect that the line numbers would
>necessarily match those
>of the .doc.
>
>I created the PDF to permit those without OO to view the document.
>
>Possibly this will clear up some of the confusion. In general, I don't
>think that this is an
>issue with which we should be overly concerned .

+1

thanx,
doug