Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Draft teleconf minutes for 18 August 2005

Ultimately, it is the TC that has responsibility for approving the
minutes. If someone
requests a change, and the rest of the TC disagrees with that change
(revisionist
history), then IMO it should not be made.

Personally, I would tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person to
whom
scribed notes are attributed. Thus far, I haven't seen any changes
requested that
are inconsistent with my recollection of what was said on the call.

As long as the requested changes are recorded on the email list, that
should be
more than adequate as a record of what was changed. If someone chooses to
take exception to a requested change, they should do so on the list so
that it can
be discussed and reconciled in accordance to the TC's wishes during the
approval of the minutes.

Maybe we should all be prefacing our spoken points during a meeting with:
"permission
to revise and extend my remarks for the record?" :-)

blog: http://webpages.charter.net/chrisfer/blog.html
phone: +1 508 377 9295