Subject: Proposal for i029 "Remove dependency on WS-Security"

This is not an issue. There is no reason we should remove the STR and the charter of this TC is clear that this is in our scope.

Proposal:

The WS-RX TC charter is clear, “Efficient preservation of the integrity of reliable contexts by composition with WS-Security or other SOAP security mechanisms.” The specification currently provides such composition with WSS via the inclusion of the SecurityTokenReference in the CreateSequenceRequest as well as providing an extensibility point for other mechanisms. Removing this would be in direct conflict with the related scope statement in the charter, therefore this issue should be closed with no action.