Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Proposal for i012

Anish/Marc:

  I don't think it's accurate to say that I'm pointing to a single
scenario where anonymous AcksTo cannot be used.  The gist of this is
that BP1.1 mandates that "For one-way operations, an INSTANCE MUST NOT
return a HTTP response that contains an envelope. Specifically, the HTTP
response entity-body must be empty."  Therefore, to return an
ackownledgement SOAP envelope on top of a one-way MEP will be
non-interoperable.  Any BP compliant implementation can decide to close
a http connection after sending back a successful http response code.
In this case, the acknowledgement cannot flow back on the http response
channel.

  In my example, I used an intermediary to illustrate the problem.
However, the same problem exists even if there is no intermediary
involved.  A processing handler before the RM handler can always close a
http connection in a one-way MEP.

Lei