Subject: Issue i002 thoughts/proposal

All,

I had an action to send a proposal for issue i002 [1]. Here it is.

Issue i002 was raised during the 1st F2F. The issue was raised in the
context of long running Sequences where it was possible for the AcksTo
EPR to change. There was also some discussion on unending sequences (I
think Steve Winkler brought this up). In a long running Sequence it is
possible that the AcksTo EPR may change and therefore the RMS needs the
ability to let the RMD know of the new AcksTo.

Subsequently, I have been talking with our mobile folks and they have
brought up a different usecase (but which has the same issue):
In the mobile world there are cases where the RMS is expected to have
different EPRs throughout the life of the Sequence (the device changes
cells/location/countries or is intermitantly offline), therefore it
necessary to provide the capability to change the AcksTo EPR for a
particular Sequence in progress.

Here is the outline of a proposed solution:

1) The RMS is allowed to send a new message called wsrm:ChangeAcksTo
with the following pseudo-schema --

<wsrm:ChangeAcksTo Version="xs:unsignedInt" ...>
   <wsrm:AcksTo ...> wsa:EndpointReferenceType </wsrm:AcksTo>
</wsrm:ChangeAcksTo>

2) The RMD responds with wsrm:ChangeAcksToResponse or a fault with fault
[Subcode] wsrm:ChangeAcksToDisallowed. wsrm:ChangeAcksToResponse has the
following pseudo-schema --

<wsrm:ChangeAcksToResponse Version="xs:unsignedInt" ...>
</wsrm>

The /wsrm:ChangeAcksToResponse/@Version has to contain the same value as
the corresponding one in wsrm:ChangeAcksTo

Version numbers are strictly monotonically increasing numbers starting
at 1 (the AcksTo EPR in the CS message being version 0).

The reason to have a version number in the exchange is because
wsrm:ChangeAcksTo message may be retransmitted/lost/delayed/received
out-of-order and it is necessary to prevent the RMD from regressing to a
previous AcksTo.

On sending a wsrm:ChangeAcksToResponse message, the RMD sends subsequent
acks to the new AcksTo EPR.

Comments?

-Anish
--