Subject: RE: [ws-rx] i023 proposed resolution

Title: RE: [ws-rx] i023 proposed resolution

Sanjay:

I believe Flow control is a more general issue, well identified otherwise, that needs to be addressed probably in a more general way (it is not just the RMD that may have trouble consuming messages fast enough, but the WS endpoint behind it, or the lower layers of the WS stack before.) It needs be addressed also when no reliability is required.

>These assertions do not say anything about whether an RMS
>should transmit new messages in a Sequence that already has many
>existing unacknowledged messages.

Keeping an eye on our primary objective of interoperability of reliability techniques, that does not preclude implementing advanced inference schemes on either endpoint, e.g. RMS deciding that something is wrong and scaling back its resending, or notifying its AS, etc. As long as that does not require a specific protocol to be understood on both sides, it does not need be standardized.

In a few words: I sympathize with the intent, but think it is one of these issues that will be better understood after some time, and maybe then some aspect of it deemed in RM scope. For now, would close with no action.

Cheers,
Jacques