Subject: Re: [ws-rx] [i021]: a proposal

Yalcinalp, Umit wrote:

> [...]
Yes it would, but the question is "for what benefit"

Since WSDL request/response operations are only mapped to synchronous
http request/response
(for whatever reason this restriction is still in the wsdl 2 soap
binding), it is difficult
to provide reliability on the synchronous response.

Response reliability is much easier to provide if the application
response is sent as its own wsdl one-way
operation.

For pragmatic reasons, I see no reason to go beyond specifying a default
behaviour in the spec
which attaches rm policy at the endpoint binding (or port) subject
level, leaving more detailed
attachments outside the scope of the ws-rm policy specification.

Tom Rutt