Subject: New proposed issues 10/13 - 10/19

Please let me (and the list) know if I missed any issues sent to the week in the last week.

Proposed-01
Title: Should DA be separate assertion or parameter

Proposed-02
Title: Which occurances within the specs, if any, of the term "URI" need to be replaced with "IRI"?

Proposed-03
Title: Target of RM Assertion parameters are confusing with respect to how they are specified and attached

Proposed-04
Title: Whose Inactivity Timeout is it anyway?

Proposed-05
Title: How can RMS communicate the Base Retransmission Interval, Exponential Backoff and Inactivity Timeout values?

Proposed-06
Title: Classification of References (normative vs. non-normative) is needed

Proposed-01
Title: Should DA be separate assertion or parameter
        <wsrm:DeliveryAssertion mode="[AtLeastOnce|AtMostOnce|ExactlyOnce]" ordered="[xs:boolean]"? ...="" >
The question that was not resolved as part of that discussion is whether the element should be a child
of <wsrm:RMAssrtion> or whether it should be a separate assertion.
Justification: We need to make a decision
Target: WS-RM Policy Assertion
Type: technical
Proposal: TBD
Related: i009 [2]
[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=1043
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/14682/Relia#i009

Proposed-02
Title: Which occurances within the specs, if any, of the term "URI" need to be replaced with "IRI"?
URI to determine whether it needed to be replaced with "IRI" and thus require the addition of a
reference to RFC3987.
Justification: Ensure correct use of the terminology within the spec wherever a URI could be an IRI.
Target: WS-Reliable Messaging, WS-RM Policy Assertion
Type: technical/editorial
Proposal: TBD
Related: i038

Proposed-03
Title: Target of RM Assertion parameters are confusing with respect to how they are specified and attached
Currently the WS-RM Policy Assertion describes four distinctive parameters in Section 2.1 [1]: Base Retransmission Interval, Exponential Backoff, Inactivity Timeout and Acknowledgement Interval. Further, these parameters are scoped with respect to two distinct roles as summarized below:
RMS:
-- Base Retransmission Interval (BRI)
-- Exponential Backoff (EB)
-- Inactivity Timeout (IT)
RMD:
-- Inactivity Timeout (IT)
-- Acknowledgement Interval (AI)
Clearly there is a separation between which roles these assertions would apply in the specification.  However, the definition of the RM assertion includes ALL of the parameters regardless of the role.  This causes a problem in interpreting what is being intended in Section 2.3 [1] which describes attachment of the policy.