Subject: NEW ISSUE: MessageNumber on AckReq

Title: MessageNumber on AckReq

Description/Justifcation:

The spec [1] says:
This OPTIONAL element, if present, MUST contain an xs:unsignedLong representing the highest <wsrm:MessageNumber> sent by the RM Source within the Sequence. If present, it MAY be treated as a hint to the RM Destination as an optimization to the process of preparing to transmit a <wsrm:SequenceAcknowledgement>.

This additional element seems to provide no real value.  I'd like to understand the motivation behind it.  What kind of optimizations are we talking about?  If the optimization is related to "when" to send back the Ack then we have a problem since the spec says that the RMD MUST respond with a SeqAck - and while not explicitly stated I think its implied that it should return it as soon as possible.  So, what additional value is this providing?  I fear that, like LastMessage, people may read more into this than intended and make assumption about its purpose that are not true. If it provides no additional value, that we can specify in the spec, we should remove it.

Target: core

Proposal:  Remove MessageNumber from AckRequested element

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/15001/wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-05.pdf