Subject: New proposed issues 11/3 - 11/9

Please let me and the list know if I’ve missed any. – Marc g

Proposed-01 Title: MessageNumber on AckReq

Proposed-02 Title: Receive is defined twice in wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-01

Proposed-03 Title: Editorial nits for wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-01

Proposed-04 Title: Editorial nits for wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-01

Proposed-05 Title: Descriptive text of removed parameters also needs to be removed

Proposed-01

Title: MessageNumber on AckReq

Description/Justifcation:

The spec [1] says:
This OPTIONAL element, if present, MUST contain an xs:unsignedLong representing the highest <wsrm:MessageNumber> sent by the RM Source within the Sequence. If present, it MAY be treated as a hint to the RM Destination as an optimization to the process of preparing to transmit a <wsrm:SequenceAcknowledgement>.

This additional element seems to provide no real value.  I'd like to understand the motivation behind it.  What kind of optimizations are we talking about?  If the optimization is related to "when" to send back the Ack then we have a problem since the spec says that the RMD MUST respond with a SeqAck - and while not explicitly stated I think its implied that it should return it as soon as possible.  So, what additional value is this providing?  I fear that, like LastMessage, people may read more into this than intended and make assumption about its purpose that are not true. If it provides no additional value, that we can specify in the spec, we should remove it.

Target: core

Proposal:  Remove MessageNumber from AckRequested element

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/15001/wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-05.pdf

Proposed-02

Title: Receive is defined twice in wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-01

Line 215 is from the original spec. Lines 206 and 207 are new. I can not find the issue/resolution that resulted in this new text.

Justification: It’s wrong to define the same term twice, especially differently each time.

Target: core

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/15177/wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-01.pdf

Proposed-03

Title: Editorial nits for wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-01

Justification: Self evident

Target: core

Proposal:

Footers on every page are wrong as descriptions of fields are present rather than contents; i.e. File name, Date, Page Page. The text numbers of Statistics” should be deleted.

Line 2: Delete the space between “Reliable” and “Messaging”.

Line 42: Table of Contents, there is no space between any of the section numbers and the text of each section title and there should be.

Line 42: Table of Contents, page numbers are wrong for sections, i.e. Appendix F.Notices says page 54 and it is on 56.

Lines 74-84: Appendix section letters have a “.” Instead of a space between the appendix title

Lines 76-80: Appendix subsections are not indented

Line 119: Random bullet point after this line and before 120 (how can that be done?)

Line 127: Formatting of text in table seems off, inconsistently formatted as hyperlinks

Line 141: "SectionNamespace", the section number appears to be missing from this cross-reference and the spacing appears to be wrong.

Line 149: Blank, should just be struck.

Line 154: Extra space between “accurately” and “determine”

Line 157: “The” should not be capitalized.

Line 247: <LastMessage> formatting of is inconsistent with other XML elements in spec.

Lines 296 and 298: <wsrm:Sequence> formatting of is inconsistent with other XML elements in spec.

Line 541: OPTIONAL at beginning of line does not belong

Lines 645 and 648: <wsrm:CloseSequence> formatting of is inconsistent with other XML elements in spec.

Lines 676: <wsrm:CloseSequenceResponse> formatting of is inconsistent with other XML elements in spec.

Lines 677: <wsrm:CloseSequence> formatting of is inconsistent with other XML elements in spec.

Lines 679: <wsrm:CloseSequenceResponse> formatting of is inconsistent with other XML elements in spec.

Lines 683: <wsrm:CloseSequence> formatting of is inconsistent with other XML elements in spec.

Lines 763: <wsrm:CreateSequence> formatting of is inconsistent with other XML elements in spec.

Lines 863: <wsrm:Identifier> formatting of is inconsistent with other XML elements in spec.

Lines 948-950: Definition text is inappropriately indented

Line 960: Extra space before definition term

Line 964: Extra space before term and inconsistent font from other definition terms

Lines 968, 1166, 1167, 1212, 1286, 1312, 1340, 1388, 1445, 1465, 1466: The period between appendix section letter and title should be a space.

Lines 1001, 1014, 1018, 1019: Undefined namespace prefix of ws is used, should be xs

Proposed-04

Title: Editorial nits for wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-01

Justification: self evident

Target: core

Proposal:

Footers on every page are wrong as descriptions of fields are present rather than contents; i.e. File name, Date, Page Page. The text numbers of Statistics” should be deleted.

Line 2: Delete the space between “Reliable” and “Messaging”.

Line 42: Table of Contents, there is no space between any of the section numbers and the text of each section title and there should be.

Line 42: Table of Contents, page numbers are wrong for sections, i.e. Introduction says page 4 when it is page 3.

Lines 52-55: Appendix section letters have are followed by a “.” that should not be there

Line 94: "SectionNamespace", the section number appears to be missing from this cross-reference and the spacing appears to be wrong.

Line 169: Indentation does not match other sections.

Lines 280-302: Term definitions are on same line as term rather than on following line as in the core WS-RM spec.

Proposed-05

Title: Descriptive text of removed parameters also needs to be removed

Description: In the resolution to i022 the line numbers specified neglected to include the descriptive text on the parameters (BaseRetransmission and ExponentialBackoff) that were removed.

Target: policy

Type: editorial

Justification: No need to describe things that aren’t there.

Proposal: Delete the descriptive text on BaseRetransmission and ExponentialBackoff, lines 112 -119 of wsrmp-1.1-spec-wd-01.