Subject: Issue i063 [[ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: SeqAck - None and Final]

[Yes, I'm catching up late.]

This proposal would allow the SequenceAcknowledgement element to be
empty.  It does not however associate any error condition or useful
semantics with that case.  Two possibilities occur to me:

   1. ensure the schema prevents the empty case

    <wsrm:SequenceAcknowledgement ...>
      <wsrm:Identifier ...> xs:anyURI </wsrm:Identifier>
        [ <wsrm:Final/>
          | [ [ <wsrm:AcknowledgementRange ...
                Upper="xs:unsignedLong"
                Lower="xs:unsignedLong"/> +
                | <wsrm:None/> ]
               <wsrm:Final/> ? ]
          | <wsrm:Nack> xs:unsignedLong </wsrm:Nack> + ]
    </wsrm:SequenceAcknowledgement>

   2. disallow Final without either None or an AcknowledgementRange
      sequence; I do not know what Final alone means, could you point me
      to the defining text in the specification:

    <wsrm:SequenceAcknowledgement ...>
      <wsrm:Identifier ...> xs:anyURI </wsrm:Identifier>
        [ [ <wsrm:AcknowledgementRange ...
              Upper="xs:unsignedLong"
              Lower="xs:unsignedLong"/> +
            | <wsrm:None/> ]
            <wsrm:Final/> ?
          | <wsrm:Nack> xs:unsignedLong </wsrm:Nack> + ]
    </wsrm:SequenceAcknowledgement>

In either case, line 385[1] must change from "when sending
AcknowledgementRanges" to "when sending AcknowledgementRange sequences
or None".

I prefer option 2.

thanx,
    doug