Subject: [no subject]

Discussion of who is "superdoug"
DougB points out that the suggestion allow a case where it can be empty. DougB prefers second option.
DougB explained his approach to Dug.
Dug cannot see note.
Chris moves to accept Dug Davis's proposal as amended by DougB's second proposal in the note.
Paul seconded
No discussion and accepted without objection.

d> i062 None AcksTo
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i062

Chris F moves. Paul C seconds. Accepted.

e> i032 Protocol serialization optimization proposal
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i032

Paul: was this in the original list of issues?
Sanjay: Yes
PaulC: two arguments against this. 1. Hiding structure in attributes is bad. 2. If you really want to optimise, make it a CDATA section.
Straw poll didn't support this. 3. Attribute list
PaulC moves to close with no action. Steve Winkler seconded it.
Jacques speaks for the motion - his implementation team didn't like it.
No objection to unanimous consent. Issue 32 closed with no action.

Anish, Tom, Jeff, Andreas joined

a> i002 AckTo EPR and seq lifetime
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i002

Anish: Change the acksTo EPR during a sequence. Two use cases. One where there is a long running sequence. The second is a mobile application.
Pushback from members... other approaches. Solutions from IP vendors. Internally had a discussion. A non-proprietary approach still in favour.
Useful. Happy to note this as a potential requirement for next version and close with no action. Anish moves. Chris seconds.
PaulF. Not part of our scope.
PaulC. Suggest that issues editor starts a consistent model for marking issues as candidates for next version. Use a consistent approach so text search will find them.
Sanjay: Marc - are you agreed
Marc: Yes
No discussion on the motion.
No objection. Motion passed.

f> i059 Retransmission behavior
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i059

Bob owns this. Chris describes the issue. Reading from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200511/msg00119.html
Chris moves. Marc seconded.
No objections. Passed.

g> i067 Replace ‘response’
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i067

Doug moves to accept. Paul seconds. No objections. Passed.

h> i068 Remove ‘correlation’ text
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i068

Remove wording that is not clear.
Sanjay: does anyone know why the text is here.
Dug moves to accept. Paul Cotton seconds. No discussion, no objections. Passed.

Marc Goodner. Walk through proposal made for short name.

PaulCotton: looks acceptable - you put ws-rx before the previous paths. Marc - also the specs will be in the places where the URIs point.
Chris Ferris: Are we going to use an RDDL document?
Marc. Great suggestion.
Martin: would object to a RDDL document. Hasn't been touched for a few years.
Paul: Just put an RFC into the doc that hasn't been touched in 13 years. W3C TAG are working on this. RDDL1 and RDDL2 are candidates. Lots of people using it.
Martin: Thing at the end of the namespace should be the namespace document.
PaulC: in what format? The advantage of RDDL is that its both human readable and machine readable.
PaulC: I want to go back to the point earlier.
Marc: The specs are in Kavi. The area we have in docs.oasis-open.org, we can put the specs at the namespace location. You would find the CDs in the place where the namespace points to.
Chris: I think we should be doing something. Could be raised as an AI to the
Action Item: Editors team to produce a RDDL document to be placed at the namespace URIs (3).
Chris: I move we adopt Sanjay's proposal
Paulc: seconded it.
Peter Niblett: What about removing the trailing slash.
Sanjay: was discussed on the editors list. Agreed to have a trailing slash.
Paul: what do other working groups do?
Chris: you might end up with a //
Peter: bit ugly having a //
PaulC: Looking at WSS spec. Variety of different endings (# / nothing)
PaulC: Check with OASIS site manager. I'll express a preference. I like it without the trailing slash.
Chris: All w3c
Peter: Would like to remove trailing / too
Chris: I move to amend the proposal to remove trailing slashes from the 3 namespace
PaulC: Will it work?
Doug: Why would there be a problem
PaulC: If you look at line 333 of the current CD document. Composes the action URI = NS concatenated with lastmessage. Concern is whether removing the / might lead to technical issues. So the proposal is not fully formed.
Chris: can be editorial action to sort it out
Sanjay: Is it ok to accept motion and leave issues to editorial.
PaulC: line 132 must be changed. I'm ok assigning the fixups to the editors.
Sanjay: is there a seconder
PaulC: Yes - seconded.
Amendment accepted.

Discussion of the Amended Motion.

Tom: The Document Identifier needs to be qualified as well.
Marc: The DI starts with the product name
Marc: I'm looking at the AIR guidelines.
ChrisF: the AIR guidelines are changing and this is consistent with the guidelines.
Marc: In the AIR guidelines it starts with the product identifier
Peter: Last part of the path with the .PDF taken off.
Peter: In WS-N we do use the short name.
PaulC: Looking at WSS spec Nov 7. Not-instantiated! reads out that. Does start with Product.
Tom: OASIS staff gave us that document identifier.
PaulC: I am looking at a brand new spec. OASIS identifier.
Chris: Why can't we close this and deal with the document identifier.
Gil: What is the danger of mixing up these texts. The doc identifier comes right under the name. If you are confused then I feel sorry for you. No need to put WS-RX TC in the identifier. Always clear.
Peter: Should be the filename with the .pdf/.doc removed.
Martin: I disagree. When you have a list of these things. The doc identifier helps.
ChrisF: Give me a break. The discussion was ludicrous.
Tom: I don't know the latest rules.
PaulC: OASIS said they have changed it. There is more flexibility.
Sanjay: Are you opposed to the motion
Sanjay: The proposal does include the Doc identifier.
Marc: I suggest we accept. If Tom finds a problem while reading the AIR guidelines then raise a separate issue.
Peter: Minute that acceptance does not prejudice new issues being raised:
No objections. Motion Deemed as passed.

Call over.

--------------070207000008040202050406--