Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Issue i066: life without LastMessage (why it's not so bad)

Doug Davis wrote:

> Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com> wrote on 11/30/2005 04:44:32 PM:

> > The problem is that terminateSequence is not a request response
> > operation. If it had a response, then the rms could resend terminate
> > after some time (with either a positive response or a fault if the
> > sequence is already terminated).
> >
> > This seems to be missing in the current spec.
>
> But this doesn't really have anything to do with the LM marker.

I was responding to the point made by Anish in his emails:

from Anish:
"
Without the LM marker, it will never know if it has received all the
messages in the Sequence until it receives the TerminateSequence message
(which is unreliable). "

If the Terminate sequence had a response , I think Anish's concern wold
go away.

Tom RUtt