Subject: Comments on Issue 061 anonymous acksTo

Strictly speaking, if your payload for the message which is sent
reliably is expressed in wsdl 1.1, and the platform is bp 1.1 compliant,
then you can not use anonymousAckTo when the wsdl operation is defined
as one-way.

In particluar an anonymous acksTo is consisten with a replyTo which  is
also Anonymous.  A subset of this case is the message is sent
as a request on a wsdl request-response message (which may have no
output message defined).

I have attached a simplified sequence diagram which illustrates  use of
anonymous ack where every http response includes the ackHeader
for the Sequence.  The simple diagram does not constrain what is in the
body of the soap response.  I can work on some other examples
which use the ackRequested feature.

However, I agree it would be better if the BP 1.1 restriction was not
there.  Even if the wsdl operation is one-way, the rmd should be able to
use the http backchannel for ack information.

Tom Rutt

anonymousAckExamp.pdf