Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Issue 060 ammendment to current proposal

Hi Gil,

If you ask me, the "During the lifetime of the protocol" is the confusing part. This sentence could simply read as follows:
"The following two invariants are required for the correctness of the protocol."

On your point about Sequence being a low level construct and the need to keep AS and AD unaware of this construct, I think you are right. However I believe the message number is also a low level construct and the AS and AD need not be aware of the message number construct either.

My point is simply that without adding some text for scoping of message numbers on a per Sequence basis, a possible misinterpretation  would be that -  the message number for all the messages exchanged between a pair of AS and AD (irrespective of their Sequence association) would continue to increase by 1 and no two messages (even if they belong to different Sequences) can have the same message number (which is obviously wrong  unless I have misunderstood something big time :-)

Thanks,
Sanjay

From: Gilbert Pilz [mailto:Gilbert.Pilz@bea.com]
Sent: Wednesday, Dec 07, 2005 13:19 PM
To: Patil, Sanjay; ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

This seems to be both redundant and potentially confusing. At this point in the document we are referring to "the protocol" in an abstract sense. The introductory sentence states "During the lifetime of the protocol . . ". A Sequence is a lower level construct for managing the lifetime of "the protocol". The AS and AD need not (and possibly "should not") have any knowledge of the Sequence.

- g