Subject: Proposal for issue i075 resolution

Matt, PaulF, Jacques and I discussed the ideas that were on the
whiteboard yesterday (options 1 thru 4) and came up with the following
proposal to resolve issue i075.

-----
Section 2.1 add new text to follow line 109:
"When a RM Destination provides RM services for more than one endpoint
it is RECOMMENDED that all the endpoints should have the same values for
RM Policy parameters. If the RM Policies are not the same then the RM
Policy parameters in effect for each Sequence is governed by the
endpoint that was used for the <wsrm:CreateSequence> message."
-----

We also propose a new issue, to aid the RMS/RMD/AS/AD in cases where
policies/WSDL are not advertised, or the RMS is not WSDL/policy aware.
The advantage of this would be that now we have a mechanism for RMD to
specify the RM assertion for the Sequence as opposed to per port/endpoint.

New issue (not formated to the new issue template -- will do that in a
separate email so that it is easier to track):

-----
1) An RMD is allowed to optionally assert in CSR message the policy
assertion associated with the Sequence. This policy assertion may
contain parameter that we have defined in WSRMP and/or extensibility
elements.

2) Similarly, the RMS is allowed to optionally assert in the wsrm:Offer
part of the CS message the policy assertion associated with the Sequence
in the opposite direction.

The CSR/CS  message will now be:

<wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse ...>
   <wsrm:Identifier ...> xs:anyURI </wsrm:Identifier>
   <wsrm:Expires> xs:duration </wsrm:Expires> ?
   <wsrm:Accept ...>
     <wsrm:AcksTo ...> wsa:EndpointReferenceType </wsrm:AcksTo>
   </wsrm:Accept> ?
   <wsrmp:RMAssertion ...>... </wsrmp:RMAssertion>?
</wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse>

<wsrm:CreateSequence ...>
   <wsrm:AcksTo ...> wsa:EndpointReferenceType </wsrm:AcksTo>
   <wsrm:Expires ...> xs:duration </wsrm:Expires> ?
   <wsrm:Offer ...>
     <wsrm:Identifier ...> xs:anyURI </wsrm:Identifier>
     <wsrm:Expires ...> xs:duration </wsrm:Expires> ?
     <wsrmp:RMAssertion ...>... </wsrmp:RMAssertion>?
   </wsrm:Offer> ?
</wsrm:CreateSequence>

a) Is it optional for the RMD to include wsrmp:RMAssertion?
yes

b) Is the wsrmp:RMAssertion in the CSR definitive?
yes

c) Can the wsp:optional attribute be present in the CS/CSR messages on
wsrmp:RMAssertion?
no
-----