Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Proposal for issue i075 resolution

Jacques Durand <JDurand@us.fujitsu.com> wrote on 01/09/2006 08:51:52 PM:

> Steve:

> > What I believe you were trying to say is that there is no
> association with an Application Destination,

> >  i.e. the endpoint to which the message should be delivered.
>
> Right. The CS is of course "associated" (intende to) the RMD
> endpoint. Only in our i075 case, the RMD endpoint is distinct from
> AD endpoint(s), which means the RMD has no indication about which AD
> instance was "motivating" this new sequence, just by looking at the
> CS contents.

This is not a concern of the RM spec.  How an RMD and the AD interact
is out of scope - just like DAs are now out of scope.  IMO, if an
RMD accepts a CS for some other AD/endpoint (or probably more correctly,
if an RMD accepts RM-enabled app messages for a sequence that was created
by sending a CS to some other RMD endpoint/manager) then they each must
know about each other through some means - and as part of that communication
they would sync-up on their "motivations".  This is no different than how
a DA might need to sync-up with the RMD to ensure they each know what DA
is in effect - this is an implementation detail that is not part of the
spec.