Subject: [NEW ISSUE]: Suggest the restricted use of anonymous URI

Title: suggest the restricted use of anonymous URI

Description/justification:
When an AS uses an RMS to reliably send messages to an RMD, the RMS will need to be able to resend the un-acked messages at will.  If the AS uses a target URL or wsa:To value such that the RMS can not, at its own discretion, initiate the (re)sending of messages then the RMS would be severely limited in its ability to complete its job.  To this end the RM spec should discourage the use of wsa:To values that would put the RMS in this situation, like the anonymous URI.  Of course, there may be times that using the anonymous URI _and_ RM can work and so we shouldn't totally ban the use of anonymous URI but we should make people aware that w/o some other mechanism, a generic WSA+RM soap stack would not be able to support this.  Note, that while this is phrased in the context of wsa:To, for replies the RMD becomes the RMS and the wsa:ReplyTo becomes the wsa:To - so it would mean that we'd, implicitly, be discouraging the use of the anonymous URI in wsa:ReplyTo when people would want responses sent reliably.

Target: core

Type: design

Proposal:

After line 441 of [1] add:

Messages sent using this protocol MUST NOT use a wsa:To value that would prohibit the RM Source from retransmitting unacknowledged messages.  For example, using the anonymous URI, without any additional transmission mechanism, would restrict an RM Source's ability to re-establishing a new connection to the RM Destination when a re-transmission of a message is needed.

thanks,
-Doug

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/16095/wsrm-1.1-spec-wd-08.pdf