Subject: NEW ISSUE: Recommend RMD Close rather than Terminate

Title: Recommend RMD Close rather than Terminate

If the RMD terminates the sequence, the RMS cannot know which messages
are acknowledged. That is why we added CloseSequence. We should
recommend that RMD's use CloseSequence rather than TerminateSequence.

Justification:
At the moment the spec says the RMD "may" close the sequence. However,
unless there is a specific reason (e.g. resource issues, security issues
etc), it is better if the RMD closes rather than terminates.

Target: core
Type: editorial

Proposal:

 From WD-10:

At line 381: Replace:
"In the case where the RM Destination wishes to discontinue use of a
sequence it may 'close' the sequence itself."
with
"In the case where the RM Destination wishes to discontinue use of a
sequence it is RECOMMENDED that it 'close' the sequence."

Related issues: None

Thanks to Stefan Rossmanith for pointing this out.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/bloglines/pzf