Subject: RE: [ws-rx] issue i021 requirements

I think all of these requirements are reasonable, but I have a comment
about this last sentence:

"The capabilities provided in (1) - (4) above should not force the port
to support reliability for the getStatus operation."

If I understand Chris' position no one is forcing RM semantics on the
getStatus operation, it's just that there may be implementations of the
RMS that are not capable of supporting message-level granularity. If the
overhead of using RM for getStatus is completely unacceptable to you,
then you would be well advised to use an implementation of RMS that
*does* support message-level granularity. The point is that the RMD
should be flexible enough to support RMS implementations that both do
and do not support message-level granularity.

- gp

by email and then delete it.