Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Re: i007 WSS 1.0/1.1 token support

Thank you Paul, I agree with your proposal.

Marc Goodner
Technical Diplomat
Microsoft Corporation
Tel: (425) 703-1903
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/mrgoodner/

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Cotton [mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 11:14 AM
To: wsrx
Subject: [ws-rx] Re: i007 WSS 1.0/1.1 token support

>i007  WSS 1.0/1.1 token support

>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/issues/ReliableMessagingIssues.xml#i00
7

The TC agreed today to move Issue 7 back into Active status.  This
thread offers some initial discussion of this issue.

History:

We deferred this issue to wait to see what happened to WS-Security 1.1.
WS-Security 1.1 became an OASIS standard on Feb 1, 2006:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200602/msg00001.html
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200602/msg00001.html>

Current situation:

WS-RM CD3 [1] currently uses the bibliographic reference to
[WS-Security] in only one place (lines 819-820):

>It is strongly recommended that the communication between services be
secured using the mechanisms described in WS-Security [WS-Security].

Note there are many generic references in the text to "WS-Security" but
they are not hyperlinked to the actual reference (see below).

The actual non-normative reference is on lines 906-908

>[WS-Security]

>Anthony Nadalin, Chris Kaler, Phillip Hallam-Baker, Ronald Monzillo,
eds. "OASIS Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.0
(WS-Security 2004)", OASIS Standard 200401, March 2004.

I think the following proposal is the minimum required to close this
issue.

1. Change the reference only

Add the following as a second alternative after line 908:

Anthony Nadalin, Chris Kaler, Phillip Hallam-Baker, Ronald Monzillo,
eds. "OASIS Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.1
(WS-Security 2004)", OASIS Standard 200602, February 2006.

/paulc