Subject: RE: [ws-rx] i089 proposal

I still don't understand why offered sequence is being used in the
explanation. If this is going to usually be used with an offered
sequence I'd like to understand how, that isn't explained in my mind. If
it is applicable for any sequence, offered or not, I'd like to
understand that as well. The current text only confuses me in its use of
the term and I'm afraid your explanation below isn't helping me get past
it. Perhaps comparing the two modes would be a better approach.

On 4.2, "Offer a sequence without the overhead of requesting one"? I
don't understand. The text refers to the RMD requesting a sequence from
the RMS, but it sounds like this is an unreliable request so doesn't
that mean there is no RMS at the client? Isn't this about the service
acting as an RMS and the client acting as an RMD? So the pattern would
be client sends one way message to service (GetMessage?), response is
Offer, then client sends a response to the response of Accept? What does
the service return to that?  Why wouldn't the service send a CS in the
body of the GetMessage response to the client?

Marc Goodner
Technical Diplomat
Microsoft Corporation
Tel: (425) 703-1903