Subject: RE: [ws-rx] i089 proposal

Doug, is that scenario required for RM or polling in general? As soon as you start talking about a server side RMS establishing a sequence to an un-addressable client I think you are beyond RM. You can’t establish inbound communications from a server to an un-addressable client without RM so why is this an RM problem?

If we are looking to add a tightly scoped polling mechanism to RM for specific scenarios this one would not be high on my list.

Marc Goodner

Technical Diplomat

Microsoft Corporation

Tel: (425) 703-1903

Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/mrgoodner/

From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 1:05 AM
To: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

  I do believe that the scenario you're talking about is a required one but I would phrase it
a bit differently.  An RMS (whether its the client-side RMS or the server-side RMS) needs
to be able to follow the same RM processing model.  And part of the processing model
is the ability to decide "if", "when" and "how" to use RM.  As we talk about in the Q&A
section of our proposal, an RMS having the option of choosing to decide which RM sequence
to use, when to create new ones, or even when to use RM at all are all part of the RM
processing model and those aspects need to be maintained even in these anon cases.
  In your proposal you put the burden on the RMD to make a lot decisions on behalf of
the RMS, that's quite a change to the RM processing model and I have no idea how the
RMD could ever know all it would need to know to make those decisions.  For example, how
would it know when a new sequence is needed by the RMS?  That is why I believe our
proposal is a better fit for RM - it allows the RMS to retain all of the same logic and choices
that it has in the async world.  Our proposal simply re-establishes the backchannel that
the RMS (on the server side) is looking for - nothing more.  Once that is there, it is then
back to "standard operating procedures" - the RMS can do whatever it would normally
do.
thanks,
-Doug

Paul Fremantle <paul@wso2.com>

04/27/2006 05:51 PM

Marc Goodner <mgoodner@microsoft.com>

cc

wsrx <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>

Subject

Re: [ws-rx] i089 proposal

If the TC isn't attached to this scenario then this section can be
deleted. The scenario is simply when you want to send unreliably but
receive reliable responses. I've heard this stated as a requirement in
some scenarios, but WSO2 doesn't have any pressing scenarios of this ilk
so we would be happy either way.

Paul

http://feeds.feedburner.com/bloglines/pzf