Subject: RE: [ws-rx] i145 - design: Implications of Sequence Expiration notspecified

Doug,

Is that termination silent?

I think that you are correct, a new section is not really necessary.

Do we care what signals the start of that xs:duration?

I think that this may be tied to definition of the sequence lifetime which may be better defined in Section 3.4 “Sequences”

My suggestion would be to insert in the first paragraph of 3.4, perhaps at the end, something along the lines of:

“A Sequence exists at the RM Source from the processing of the wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse until the earlier of the transmission of wsrm:TerminateSequence or the Sequence expires (see section 3.1).  A Sequence exists at the RM Destination from the transmission of a wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse until the earlier of the successful processing of a wsrm:TerminateSequence or the Sequence expires (see Section 3.1).”

Once that is done, then in Section 3.3 “Sequence Termination” expiration behavior could be stated as something like:

At the end of the first paragraph of 3.3

“Sequence are also implicitly terminated without further exchange of protocol messages upon the expiration of the Sequence (see Section 3.1)”

Then in Section 3.1 something along the lines of:

Following the paragraph headed by the line: /wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse/wsrm:Expires the following refining language:

“The Sequence is said to expire when wsrm:CreateSequenceResponse/wsrm:Expires elapses from either the perspective of the sender or the receiver of this element”

I am still a bit vague about the usage of the Expires within an Offer.

What does it mean to you?

Thanks

-non