Subject: Re: [ws-rx] NEW ISSUE: Editorial messages have to be received for them tobe examined: with new highlighting

Bob

I have some concerns with these proposed changes.

Firstly most of the changes are about replacing *message* by *element*. I
assume that this is to match the wording of the first sentence. However
a) I think that term "CloseSequence message" reads easier that
"CloseSequence element" and "RM protocol messages" reads easier than
"messages containing RM protocol elements".
b) The rest of the spec refers to "CreateSequence message",
"TerminateSequence message" etc. So changing CloseSequence would make it
inconsistent with the rest of the spec.
c) Referring to element in this way could be interpreted to mean that any
message containing a CloseSequence element anywhere in its body has to be
accepted as a CloseSequence message. I don't think that this is the
intention of the spec.

I understand that an endpoint has no control over the messages that are
sent to it, and that it can't tell what a message is until it has
"received" it, however we use the term "accept" elsewhere in a different
way (Offer/Accept) and the word "accept" in this context suggests that the
message moves into some kind of "accepted" state. I think a more neutral
term such as "process" would be better. The "process" word is already used
.. "it MUST still process RM protocol messages" and I see you actually use
it in place of the fourth occurrence of receive "to allow the RM Source to
still *process* Acknowledgements"

Finally I think that the second occurence of receive, i.e. " other than
those already received at the time the CloseSequence element is
interpreted" reads better if left as "receive".

Peter Niblett

"Bob Freund-Hitachi" <bob.freund@hitachisoftware.com> wrote on 26/06/2006
20:52:43: