Subject: Re: [ws-rx] FW: Preference for STR-based solution to identifying Tokenused to protect a RM Sequence

Gilbert Pilz wrote:

>Forwarded from Hal .

I have a few questions on this email below

Tom Rutt

> .

Gil's proposal for this works with either Oracle or Msoft approach,  I
am confused about this statment.

>>3. The usage label approach in my view entangles the
>>processing of the security and RM layers, whereas the STR
>>approach permits cleaner layering. In particular, the
>>Security layer will have to know what portions of the message
>>constitute an RM sequence and thus require protection.

After the sequence is set up, I see both proposals as being identical.
How can the security layer not get involved in both approaches for
determining which sequence a message is part of?