Subject: Re: [ws-rx] compromise proposal for i122-4

Tom

<member>
As a member I'm afraid I like this proposal less than either of the
individual proposals. I know this looks a little like what we did around
polling, but in fact I think there are key differences.
Firstly, the dual approach in polling (sequenceid or address) allows for
some very different models that meet different needs. The sequenceID
model allows a client to carry on without modifying the WS-A headers and
work very composably with existing code. The Address based model allows
n-m on sequences and endpoints which supports more complex use cases.
The result was that although the compromise proposal was more complex,
it also satisfied a wider set of use-cases.

I believe this proposal satisfies no more use cases, while still
requiring both sides to support code they don't want to. In other words,
the polling compromise was a compromise through making each side happy,
this looks like a compromise through making each side unhappy!
</member>

<chair>
If you'd like this voted on can I ask you to produce a concrete
(change-bar style) proposal that the TC can review before this week's
call. I'd also like to see the IBM/MSFT and Oracle/SAP proposals amended
to include Gil's amendment. As I stated if we don't resolve this on the
call then I expect to start a ballot straight away, and I'd like the TC
to have text they can evaluate and the monkeys^D^D^D^D^D^D editor's have
something clear they can work to once the ballot is closed.
</chair>

Paul

http://feeds.feedburner.com/bloglines/pzf