Subject: RE: i145 - Current proposal

The state table moved from the none state to the created state when the CSR was successfully processed.

If that marks the start of the sequence lifetime, then fine, but it is hard to determine where in the normative spec that is made clear.

For durations less than non-expiring, if csr successful processing marks the beginning of the sequence lifetime and the time of this event is only known to the RMS, and if both RMD and RMS are using the same duration, then it seems to me that since there is positive non zero finite time between the sending of csr by the rmd and the conclusion of its processing by the rms, then it follows that the sequence will expire at the rmd at or before the time it expires at the rms since it could also be said relatively, that the sequence begins at the rmd (as far as it is concerned), when the csr is sent.

Unless there is some other timing mechanism imposed, that is what just will occur based on the operation of the protocol without any specific desire for one to outlast the other.

I would be happy for text to be inserted somewhere clearly that simply said that.

All sequence state can be deleted upon the expiration of the duration defined in expiry time by either RMS or RMD.  That will make it clear that there is no terminating protocol to be employed when sequences expire.

The question is, where do you want it?

The text I proposed could be grafted on to the section on sequences to prevent the creation of a new spec section if you would prefer.

Thanks

-bob